family

family

Friday, August 3, 2012

Somebody's one!

My baby turned 1 yesterday.  One! Did you read that- 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days.  My beautiful, precious, happy, energetic baby is in fact no longer a baby.  He's a toddler.  That mere word is enough to make me burst into fits of sobbing.  Which I did in fact do, quite a few times these past few days.  I wanted to blame the fact that I was sleep deprived after having woken up at 4 am to go to work for the tears but let's be honest I am a way more emotional person now that I have little guy.  I spent my morning looking at pictures of my almost 10 lb baby the days after I brought him home from the hospital.  Oh those early days.  When I was barely coherent from the lack of sleep but happier than I ever could have imagined, with a heart more full than I thought possible.  In the early days it seemed like we would never get him to sleep on his own, and we would never get him to nurse on a schedule or that we would get him to stop crying during the witching hour but now that we are sitting here at a year those are distant memories.  It's amazing to me how quickly your mind forgets all those hard times, especially when you look into the face of your child.  The one you grew in 10 months.  The one you nurtured, hugged, rocked and fed for 12 months.  Wow.  Just an incredible feeling. Enough sap for today. I'm going to post a load of pictures that I uploaded from my cell phone.  They aren't great quality but they make me smile.






































On to other events.  We are currently in Pittsburgh to celebrate his birthday with all of our friends and family.  We drove up from Baltimore on Wednesday and have been running around finalizing decorations and other party stuff.  We have a big pirate party planned and I am so beyond excited.  I love parties and planning this one has been incredibly fun and kinda dangerous thanks to Pinterest!  I'll be back post party with some awesome pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment