family

family

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1- 31 day challenge



As part of this 31 day challenge one of my biggest goals is to document my average day to day with the boys.  It's amazing to me how quickly time goes when you have a little one running around.  I have heard the phrase "the days are long but the years quick" more times than I could count but it never rand more true than when Nathaniel was born.  I have been blessed in that I am able to stay home with the boys.  I have beautiful memories of my days at home with Nathaniel, playing, eating, cuddling and napping together.  It truly was a magical year getting to know him and growing as a mommy.  Now as a mom of 2- a 2 year old and a 4 month old, it's a whole new ball game.  Long gone are the peaceful days of playing or cuddling.  Now I have a 2 year old who doesn't sit still, is working on potty training (a post in and of itself) and deems any use of the word no by me to be the biggest injustice in life.  Jackson is as needy as any typical 4 month old could and should be but gone are the days of sitting for hours rocking my sleeping baby.  I spend my days rocking, burping, feeding, playing, singing, coloring, wrestling, calming, and pretty much any other action you could think of with both.  My hands are busy but my heart is so full.  I didn't find out about this challenge until about 9 pm last night which meant that today's post wasn't well thought out, but that's fine, since that is my life these days.  I don't have beautifully executed and well thought out photos to share but again that is my life.  I am going to share some moments that I captured on my iphone recently because these are the ones I hope I never forget.
 
sitting in the "potty" (bumbo seat) in the tub

 

cuddling before sunrise watching cartoons with my favorite 2 year old
 

they will find you, and shoot car McQueen under the door at your feet

lining up our favorite car guys

coloring in a big box makes a rainy day go fast
 

"baby jack needs a hat"

big boy undies and a red headband-perfectly acceptable

I never get tired of cuddling this sweet, smooshy face

daddy and baby jacks sleeping in

two boo boos this week- a fat lip and a black eye.  playgrounds are not for the faint of heart

this sweet boy passedout during tummy time and crossed his little feet- melts my heart

all dressed up and no where to go! ha!
 
That's it for today, hopefully I get myself more organized for tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment