family

family

Friday, October 4, 2013

Days 3 and 4- 31 Day Challenge


 

Still linking up with The Nester for her 31 days challenge!

Yesterday was a wash.  I knew we would be traveling to Pittsburgh and didn't plan ahead to have a post ready so I am already a little off on my posts. I figured I would just share a few moments that have been on my mind yesterday since I don't have any pictures from yesterday. 

There are things that Nathaniel does everyday that I hope I never forget.  He is at a fun age where he is still learning so much especially how to communicate with us.  His vocabulary increases everyday and there are times when Tom and I look at each other and say "did you teach him that word?" It is one of the best parts of being a mom, watching the littles grow and learn new things.  One of my favorite new things Nathaniel has learned is that when I go in and get him from bed in the mornings (before dawn these days, how do you tell a 2 year old to stay in bed when it's still dark outside?) he will sit up look right at me wave and say "hi mom."  It's the way he says it and the little wave.  It melts me everyday and definitely helps when I am exhausted.  Seriously kids are so lucky they are cute because when they do something bad they have a way of looking adorable and making you forget why you are mad.

Jackson is equally as cute but in his chubby little 4 month old ways.  He has the biggest open mouthed grins that I just can not get enough of these days.  My favorite smiles are when Tom is holding him and I enter a room.  When Jackson sees me or hears my voice he just grins like the Cheshire cat.  It's amazing and makes me feel so special.  Jackson's little moment that I hope I never forget is  the cuddles I get in bed these days.  I am one of those bad mommas who brings the baby to bed for his middle of the night nursing session and somehow he never makes it back to the crib.  Truly most of the time I end up passing out as well but somedays I just want to cuddle my warm little baby.  I know that my days of sharing my bed with him are limited so I don't want to miss out now while I can.  He is so warm and snuggly.  The best part is when he starts waking up in the morning and he stretches so big and then he farts.  haha! If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I thought a fart was cute I would have had a different answer.  But Jacksons little farts in the morning just crack me up.  I love these moments


We have lots of errands and running around to do today but I will try and snap some Iphone pics so tomorrows post isn't quite as boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment