family

family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

34 Weeks (a week late)

How Far Along: 34 weeks

Gender: still a boy

Size of baby: according to what to expect he is the size of a cantaloupe about 22 inches and 5.5 lbs.  last week at the doctors he estimated the baby to be about 5 lbs so that sounds right. 

Total Weight Gained: Who knows and I am trying not to focus on this in the last few weeks since I have let it stress me out a little.  Gotta keep telling myself that if I lost 120+ lbs I can lose a few after the baby gets here!

Maternity Clothes: These week I have been wearing all sundresses or running shorts.  It's a good thing I don't have a job because I would look like a slob. 

Movement: Oh this is one of the best parts of my day.  I feel like a jungle gym for the little guy but I love it.  It's crazy when Tom and I lie in bed and just watch him rolling all over the place.  It's amazing.

Sleep: Still not getting the best night's sleep but have been able to nap during the day here and there which definitely helps.  I also realized that if I spend a little time reading before bed it takes me far less time to fall asleep.  I have had a hard time shutting my brain off lately though, still thinking about what needs done in the next 5 weeks.

What I miss: Hmm, being able to keep up with everyone else.  I have been battling a sickness this week which meant no gym.  Just taking a week off has significantly lowered my tolerance for exercise.  Just walking around the mall today I was feeling tired.  Could be the sickness too I guess.

Cravings: Still on a fruit kick.  Otherwise I have been loving lemonade again and pasta which is weird since I am not normally a huge fan of pasta. 

Aversions: Veggies haha.  I eat salads almost everyday but they just aren't what I want to eat.  I kinda force myself so I make sure I get the nutrients but if I didn't have to eat them I would skip them.  Even corn on the cob doesn't sound appealing to me.

Symptoms: Same as always.  Contractions but that's about it.  No leg cramps, no constipation, no heartburn, no swelling. I feel really lucky since this pregnancy has gone so well.  The doctor always comments on my lack of symptoms haha.  Baby kicking is a symptom though and believe me I feel that!

Best Moment this Week: Realizing we are in the 30+ day range.  It's crazy that at one point we had 186 days to go and as of today we only have 37 days left.  It just seems like a miracle that I created a person in just 9 short months.  It's amazing what a body can do.

We had a decent week.  Hubby worked ALL day Monday.  He thought he might only have ended up going in for a few hours but it turned out to be a full day.  It bummed me out because I am by myself all week and look forward to having him for those 3 days.  The rest of the week was kinda lame since I wasn't feeling well. I was having a summer cold which is miserable.  It sucks when the weather  gets nice and you get sick, it has happened to me almost every summer though so I just roll with it.  I just rested as much as I could and drank lots of fluids.  Not much else you can do.  I did work my way through all through Stieg Larsson books.  I kept myself entertained with the books and HBO on demand.  I rewatched some series(Big Love, True Blood, etc).  Thursday I had to go in for jury duty and sit around all day, what a waste of a day.  Kinda cool to see the process but a pain especially if you didn't get picked for a jury.  Yesterday the husband and I took back some stuff that we bought for the babies room that I ended up not liking once I saw it in the room.  I hate going to the mall on a Saturday so I was a little cranky.  Today we did more shopping.  Running around trying to finish baby stuff and getting things for my hospital bag (face wash, etc).

I still feel like we have a lot to do but I am probably just making more work for myself.  I made a list of things I want to stockpile in the house for after baby arrives so I know I have shopping to do.  I want to make sure we have shampoo/toiletries and paper towels and toilet paper so that I don't have to run around for that stuff after he gets here.  Not to mention I have a huge list of foods that I want to cook in the next few weeks in double so I can freeze some.  I am crazy but I want to be able to have easy lunches and dinner for hubby when he goes back to work.  I'm sure this is all part of nesting but it's irritating because it's little stuff but it all adds up to a lot of work for me.  Hubs thinks I'm crazy but he is the one who buys the wrong stuff when I send him so that's probably why I have such anxiety about having it all before we go into the hospital.

We have our next appointment on Friday and this will be my first internal exam so I am a little nervous but excited to see if things are moving along yet.  I don't think this boy will come any earlier than our due date but if he did I wouldn't complain.  I love having him inside me growing and moving but part of me is ready to hold him and have my body back. 

Well folks that's it for today!
Belly Pics for the week


BTW this is late because today I am actually 35 weeks, but my new (refurbished Iphone) was eating the pictures and not letting me upload them. BOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment