family

family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Major Milestone- 35 and 35

Today marks a huge milestone in my pregnancy journey.  Today I am officially 35 weeks pregnant with a mere 35 days left until my due date.  When I first found out I was pregnant this day seemed to be decades away but it has arrived so quickly.  I am ecstatic that we have made it this far with a relatively easy pregnancy(knock on wood).  I can't believe that in just a month we will have our beautiful baby in our arms.  WOW!  Pregnancy just goes so unbelievably quickly and I wish when I first found out that I had taken more time to enjoy the little moments.  Sometimes I think about rewinding the clock and starting all over again.  It just is a miracle that I could create this little human!

I feel good this week so far.  I got back to the gym yesterday and today after having almost 2 weeks off.  It felt good to get moving again.  I notice on the days I work out I sleep a little better and I feel like I waddle less and have less aches.  I am going to go to the gym as long as I physically can.  Until the doctor tells me it's no longer safe I will keep at it.  I know it will help with labor and recovery postpartum so I hope I can keep it up.  Plans for tonight include tacos/taco salad for dinner and hopefully a quiet walk with the hubs and the pups.  I went out to a movie with a woman that Tom used to work with yesterday and afterwards we met up with Tom for dinner.  We saw Bridesmaids, which I hate to admit I really didn't care for.  Everyone raved about it and then I was totally disappointed since it wasn't nearly as funny as I hoped it would be.  We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory which we love but it's a far drive just for an everyday dinner.  It was nice to catch up with Jen and get to talk about all kinds of gossip.  I have been feeling lonely lately since it seems that most of my friends are having busy summers so it was nice to feel like I had a friend.  The nice thing about Jen is that she works nights 3 days on and 3 days off.  So I know that I can usually catch her at least once a week to hang out and she's very relaxed like me.  We can just have lunch or shop and it not be a big deal.  Overall a nice start to my week but I stayed up later than I probably should have and the bags under my eyes today are proof.

Since this is my big milestone I will leave you all with a pic of the belly from Sunday while I was at the hubby's office!

No comments:

Post a Comment