family

family

Monday, July 4, 2011

35 weeks pregnant- where has the time gone!

Hi all, 

As I sit here typing this I have less than 30 days to go until my due date. It's crazy and unreal and totally something that has snuck up on us. I still can't believe how fast these past months have gone. It's amazing to think that in this short time I have created another little being. I am getting so excited to meet him! 

Things are going pretty well in our neck of the woods. I had my weekly appointment on Friday and had my first internal exam. It wasn't as bad as I worked it up to be but everyone told me it hurt so I was panicked! Basically things are right where they should be. Babies head is down and we are 1 cm dilated. I am not getting too excited about the dilation yet because my sister was dilated for weeks before she gave birth so I am just taking it week by week. Blood pressure is still normal and so is weight. As it stands today I am on pace to gain 35-36 lbs which makes me super happy. I was about 5-7 lbs above my goal weight when I got pregnant so I know I can shed all these lbs once my little guy is here. I have had a truly blessed pregnancy with no constipation, heartburn or swelling and believe me I do not take it for granted. I know so many women who have such a terrible time and I have been so lucky. I have continued to work out and the doctor encouraged that until the baby drops and it becomes too uncomfortable. He keeps telling me what a good pusher I will be so I hope he is right! 

This weekend has been a little frantic still trying to wrap up some things around the house since hubs finally realized there isn't much time left. For some reason everything seems to need replaced at once. For example we had to replace 7 overhead light bulbs this week between ceiling fans and bathroom vanities not to mention that 2 times this week our smoke alarms started beeping because 1 needed a new battery and 1 needed replaced altogether. Then yesterday the closet door on our laundry fell off and needed a new spring. Just crazy. So that's how we spent Saturday and Sunday. Today hubs had to work so I am hanging with the puppers. It's kinda depressing to not have big plans for the holiday but it comes with the hubs job so I deal with it. Normally I would find some friends to hang or picnic with but since it has been in the 90's all week I have tried to avoid too much heat or sun. It's nice to hang in and spend quiet time with our puppies.

The nursery is 99% done finally. I am finishing 2 craft projects and Tom's mom is finishing curtains and valances for us so I just can't wait to have the little guy all settled in there. 

I wish I had more exciting things going on but life is slow when you are almost 36 weeks pregnant haha! 

I did the survey this week for a different blog I write so I figrured I would post here as well! 

How Far Along: 35 weeks 

Gender: this cracks me up every week- he isn't changing sexes I hope 

Size of baby: still the size of a large cantaloupe about 22 inches and 6 lbs. 

Total Weight Gained: 29 lbs- stresses me out a little but what can you do. If he's healthy and happy so is mommy! 

Maternity Clothes: I live in sundresses and I think they might be the best part of summer pregnancy. Saved me a ton of money on not having to buy maternity clothes. I never broke down and bought a maternity swimsuit either, I made an old suit work for the few times I've braved the pool. 

Movement: Still moving like crazy. It's amazing how much this has changed during pregnancy. It still boggles my mind that we went from butterflies to actual kicks and punches and now we have a big baby in there using my ribs as a foot rest! 

Sleep: This week has been the worst for sleep. I have had terrible back pains most of the night and have to wake up and stretch before I can fall back asleep. I also noticed that sleeping in doesn't exist. Maybe it's my bodies way of getting me ready for those early mornings. 

What I miss: This sounds bad but I think it's holiday related, but I miss being able to have a cocktail. I never drink and I mean never, like maybe 2 times a year but for some reason this week I have wanted summer cocktails. Mojitos, margaritas etc. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of pregnancy. 

Cravings: Fruit- watermelon and grapes especially. Total raisin bran. Sugar-candy, ice cream, dessert, etc. Chips with french onion dip(I haven't given in to this one just yet because I never in my life have liked chips and dip so I think this is a fluke) 

Aversions: Meat, I haven't cooked or eaten meat in several days. I get enough protein from milk, yogurt and eggs so I am not concerned but meat just grosses me out right now. Also the lemonade that I was loving and couldn't get enough of suddenly creeps me out and makes my mouth hurt. Weird. I think I burned myself out. 

Symptoms: Still having contractions but now I am waiting for the other good stuff to come! 

Best Moment this Week: Sitting with the hubby and really talking about life after baby. It was scary to talk about who will get up and change diapers and how he will help me on his 4 weeks at home but also so satisfying. It made me realize how much our lives are changing but how glad I am that he could be by my side for it all. I am blessed to have such an amazing and supportive husband and I am so looking forward to watching him become an amazing dad. It makes me smile just thinking of it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment